Caring for others – whether next door, in the community or around the globe – is a primary concern for the members of Trinity – expressed in many ways.
We begin with care for our neighborhood and the local community. Simultaneously, we diligently support the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) our national church organization’s World Hunger Campaign, ELCA Malaria Initiative, and various other national and international advocacies partnering with the Virginia Synod and ELCA.
A brief selection of Trinity’s “God’s Work, Our Hands” community ministries include:
- Support for Just4Kidz: after school enrichment program for ‘latchkey’ children
- Support WATTS (winter homeless shelter) with meals, toiletries, clothing
- Monthly support to C-CAP (local food bank) and food pantry at local United Methodist Church
- Free monthly Community Meals
- Coat Drives: “gently-used” winter outerwear for homeless programs and school children
- Monthly Noisy Offering collection of pocket change for a variety of outside community agencies
- Little Red Wagon diaper and wipes drive for community prenatal care services
- MAMA Bags: clothing, food and backpacks for Winter and Spring breaks
- Sewing for the Savior: blankets for nursing homes; quilts for high school grads, and newly-baptized
- Souper Bowl soup collection for area food pantries
- Seasonal Craft Bazaars, bake and food sales, to benefit family Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets
- Participation in Annual Newtown Community Festival
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day luncheons
We believe God calls Trinity to an ever-expanding role of advocacy, justice, and care for all God’s children and creation. And we’d be honored if you chose to be a part!