Caring for others – whether next door, in the community or around the globe – is a primary concern for the members of Trinity – expressed in many ways.
We begin with care for our neighborhood and the local community. Simultaneously, we diligently support the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) our national church organization’s World Hunger Campaign, ELCA Malaria Initiative, and various other national and international advocacies partnering with the Virginia Synod and ELCA.
Trinity’s community ministries include financial support and/or gifts in kind for:
- Just4Kidz: after-school enrichment program for children
- WATTS (winter homeless shelter) with meals, toiletries, clothing
- Food donations for C-CAP (local food bank)
- Hats, scarves, and gloves for homeless programs and school children
- Little Red Wagon diaper and wipes drive for community prenatal care services
- MAMA Bags for school children: (clothing, food in backpacks)
- Sewing for the Savior: hand-made quilts for nursing homes; high school grads, new members and other designated outreach projects
- Souper Bowl soup collection for area food pantries
- Fund-raisers to benefit family Thanksgiving and Christmas food baskets